Making what matters to people matter in health and care
National Voices is the leading coalition of health and social care charities in England. We have more than 190 members covering a diverse range of health conditions and communities, connecting us with the experiences of millions of people. We work together to strengthen the voice of patients, service users, carers, their families and the voluntary organisations that work for them.
- Understand and advocate for what matters to people, especially those who have greater health or care needs
- Find common cause across communities and conditions by working with member charities and those they support
- Connect and convene charities, decision makers and citizens to work together to change health and care for good.
We help people and organisations to gain the knowledge, understanding, skills and confidence they need to engage more effectively and to make their approaches more person-centred.
We have expertise in what matters to people relating to health and care, how to involve people, and how to work with the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector.
Our work falls into three streams:
- Supporting national policy and system design
- Supporting the vital role that the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector plays in health and care
- Supporting the adoption and spread of person-centred approaches.