Who we are looking for
National Voices has three member trustee positions up for election to our Board of Trustees this year. All full member organisations who are up to date with membership fees are eligible to put forward a candidate for election.
One of the key roles of member trustees is to ensure that all our work is grounded in the insight, practice and ambitions of the organisations who make up our membership and work directly with people and communities. We are keen to hear from people who might not have previously considered joining a board, and will support people to acquire new skills. We do not need people to meet all of the requirements of the person specification.
We are looking for these qualities in prospective trustees:
- Honesty and integrity
- A commitment to National Voices and its objectives - to make what matters to people matter in health and care
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship (training on these aspects will be provided if necessary)
- A willingness to devote time and effort to their duties as a trustee
- An understanding of how inequalities and discrimination shape health and service use, and a commitment to reduce inequalities and disadvantage through everything National Voices does
- Ability to probe facts, challenge assumptions and identify the advantages and disadvantages of proposals
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively with other trustees and with staff
To learn more about our work, the role, and who we would like to encourage to stand for election please read the candidate information pack.
We are holding an event on 14 September at midday where prospective candidates can learn more about the role and put questions to Chair Helen Buckingham and CEO Charlotte Augst.
How to stand
If you would like to nominate yourself or a colleague to stand as a National Voices trustee please fill in the form below. If you would like assistance completing the form or have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To fill in the form you will need:
- Details of the nominee and your organisation
- A personal statement which will be hosted on the voting webpage of no more than 150 words
- A nomination statement from the sponsoring member organisation of no more than 100 words. The Chief Executive, Chair or another senior member of your organization should be aware and supportive of the nomination.
- To answer the following questions, either in written or video format. Video responses should be sent via email, either as an attachment (mp4 format) or a wetransfer link to email@example.com, with the subject Member trustee video. Your name should be included in the body of the email. Please consider the job and person specification when answering these questions.
- Why would you like to join National Voices board? (150 - 250 words or up to 2 minutes)
- What skills and experience would you bring to the board? Please review the person specification prior to answering this question and address it where you can. (200 - 400 words or up to 4 minutes)
- How can you show your commitment to strengthening the voice of patients, service users, carers, their families and the voluntary organisations that work for them? (150 - 250 words or up to 2 minutes)
The deadline for nominations is 27 September.
We aim to run an inclusive process and hope to hear from a diverse range of applicants. We welcome video applications and are happy to support the writing up of the written components, for assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The elections will be run digitally and open for voting from 4 October to 19 October. They will be hosted on online form which will only be accessible to those with a link. Each National Voices member will have one vote for each of the three open trustee positions, the three candidates with the highest number of votes will be elected as Trustees.